Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Presidency Message

Hello you wonderful & faithful YW Leaders!!
I sit to write this after our amazing Stake Conference Feast!! I felt so inspired and challenged by the speakers to apply what I learned, or was reminded of, in my life.

I loved all of the speakers’ calls to action!
to have a Temple recommend and use it now;
to change our lives through ordinances;
to infuse Gospel happiness into our lives through the power of missionary work;
to pray for those we love, receiving an answer of whom to approach with the Gospel;
to feel love for others more deeply through Temple service;
to bring & fill large vessels from the Temple’s Living Waters;
to develop more faith in Priesthood blessings;
to dream of standing before God with the Savior’s image in our faces, & live so that it is;
to express the things we know to be true;
to be busy in service;
to live by the teachings of the Gospel so as to truly be free;
to fulfill our responsibility in God’s work;
to support and lift each other;
to start by redeeming self, then redeeming neighbors, and with them redeem the dead;
to hear the Savior comfort us-“It’s ok, try again”, and to keep trying again;
to remember that God cares about all of the big things in our lives as well as the small;
to read the Book of Mormon under the influence of the Holy Ghost, taking ‘time’ out of
the equation, so that we feel what the writers felt;
to determine necessary goals and commit to improve ourselves;
to become like Joseph Smith-powerful beyond measure-through two words ‘I obeyed’-
developing a stronger covenant relationship with Heavenly Father.

The talks reminded me of my favorite J Reuben Clark statement. “Thus God made clear that the gaining of knowledge is not to be like the commonplace work of earning a livelihood. He who invades the domain of knowledge must approach it as Moses came to the burning bush; he stands on holy ground; he would acquire things sacred; he seeks to make his own the attributes of Deity, the truth which Christ declared He was which shall make us free, free of the shackles of time and space, which shall be no more. We must come to this quest of truth-in all regions of human knowledge whatsoever, not only in reverence, but with a spirit of worship.” (Improvement Era, January 1946).

The Savior told Hyrum Smith “first seek to obtain my word, then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit & my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of [young women] J (D&C 11:21). I know that as I strive to apply the messages of Stake Conference, and obtain the word of the Lord for my life, that the Spirit will guide me in every endeavor. I loved President Shumway’s statement, “I am not perfect, but I am worthy!” Each of us can have the confidence to know that because of our willingness & worthiness, we can call on the powers of Heaven in behalf of our precious young women!!

We believe in you and pray for you in your crusade for the salvation of souls!!
~Delisa

No comments:

Post a Comment