Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Introducing!!!


Marti Wallace
your Young Women Stake President



The Wallace family has been in Lubbock for a little over 7 years. Russ grew up in upstate NY (Ithaca) and I grew up in Southern California (Alta Loma). We found out after we were married that we were 5th cousins. So immediately, we decided to move south. Russ works “hard” for Texas A&M in vegetables and weed science. And I “hardly” work at home. All of you homemakers know that isn’t true.

We have 5 great kids. Our oldest son Tyson is married to Jennifer Sanchez and they live in Utah. They have the privilege of raising our remarkable first grandchild Ethan Russell Wallace. Karli is serving her second mission at the Family and Church History Mission in Salt Lake City. Cody is working in Las Vegas and is planning to take the SAT, sell his truck and move to NYC to attend college and get his degree in literature. Kyle is graduating in December (after Coronado HS football season) and will be heading onward to serve a mission in Milan, Italy. Katie is 13, loves volleyball, friends and taking baths. As stated in her own words, she will be the only and lonely come January.

I enjoy creating. I like to do many things although; I’m not great at any one thing. Learning is fun for me, but I usually can’t remember what I’ve learned.

My mind works constantly, yet in small and simple ways. Two favorite mottos: “Keep Calm and Carry On”, “Happy Families Eat Out” and “Pray, Read and Smile”, all work well for me. My favorite scripture right now is: 2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

Written by Marti herself

No comments:

Post a Comment