Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October Presidency Message

Dear Sisters,

We are so excited about our new Lubbock Stake Young Women Leader’s Blog! We are really working hard to make communication accessible and easy for all of us. This will help us to all be on the “same page”. First and foremost I want to throw all kudos and praise going Cami Clifton’s way. She is the one who has masterminded and put this whole thing together. We are so blessed to have her!

It was so uplifting for me to meet with you at our Stake Auxiliary training in October. It was humbling to be amidst the best the Lord has to offer our youth. I felt of your strength, support and your deep desires to serve faithfully. I can hardly wait for March 6th when all leaders and advisors will meet for our next Auxiliary Training.

President Uchtdof reminds us, “Individual recognition is rarely an indication of the value of our service. We do not know the names, for example, of any of the 2,000 sons of Helaman. As Individuals, they are unnamed. As a group, however, their name will always be remembered for honesty, courage, and the willingness to serve. They accomplished together what none of them could have accomplished alone.

I know this to be true. I testify that it does “take a village to raise a child”. I depend on you, your bishop depends on you, the sisters you serve within your presidency depend on you, the parents of our beautiful young women depend on you, and particularly our young women depend on you. I know this is not an easy task. I know it takes many hours of your time, thoughts and possibly precious sleep. I do know that together with the Lord we can do it.

Simply, I send you my love and appreciation,

Marti

No comments:

Post a Comment